Little heroes anthology cover
Over this festive period, I was alerted to a kickstarter with a difference. Little Heroes Comics are producing a anthology around the theme Strength. However, Little Heroes are a charity and the money raised goes to helping children with long term illnesses. This mean that when you get their anthology, you’ve also brightened up a child’s day. I decided to find out more.
1. Hey … So first thing first. I’ve seen your Kickstarter for your project ”Little hero Comics” What the best description of what the story is about?
Our Kickstarter is it is an anthology, this means you are getting around 10 comics and all based on the theme of ‘Strength’
2. What inspired you to create the title?
Little Heroes Comics is first and foremost a charity and we are always looking for new ways we can draw people to our cause and donate. One way we are testing is with this first Anthology. All money raised from this comic after printing costs goes to sending out some of our kits to children in the hospital.
3. What would you say, separates your comic from the rest?
We offer you 2 really exciting things; One we offer you a great collection of short stories from some of the best small press comic contributors in the industry, and two you can see immediately what your money is helping towards. We do this by posting constant social media updates and In January we are starting a new live stream in which you can see us packaging up new kits to ship out.
Totally Beast By Ross Burt one of the titles in this anthology.
4. Do you have any other projects you’ve worked on?
Sadly no. However The Little Heroes Anthology is something we hope to continue doing, so watch this space.
5. How did these talented creators find you?
We put out a ‘Call To Arms’ on our social sites and they found us.
Rule of Three by Vincentius Talbot & Stefan Nymzo
6. What excites you most about the project?
For me personally, it was again two things. Not only am I able to keep the charity running and shipping out Comic Making Kits, I will (once fully funded) have completed a childhood dream of being a comic book publisher.
7. How will this kickstarter change the lives of children with long-term illness?
We send out our Comic Making Kits, which will not only offer the children some escape from the daily struggle of fighting disease but also offer an artistic and therapeutic outlet. Most importantly though is if the kid has a smile for just a moment, that is enough for us and you never know we may have inspired the next generation who will make the comics their children will read.
8. How did you, decide on the theme of Strength for the anthology?
The theme of Strength comes from the abundance of it that the children who are fighting in hospital show daily. We wanted to give them more through inspirational stories.
9. Do you have a site where people can see the work you do or donate to your cause?
10. Do you have any plans to create more charity anthologies in the future?
We hope to continue to produce 1 – 2 anthologies a year all on different themes and most importantly as a tool for fundraising for the charity
11. Well, I guess that’s it…one final thing do you have anything to say to potential backers reading this that are on the fence still?
We would like to keep it simple, ‘Get an amazing collection of short stories and simultaneous get a warm glowing feeling from having helped a charity’.
is currently live and you can make a pledge now.