Exclusive Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal
Among the most anticipated reveals at E3 2018 were the details behind the open-world action RPG Cyberpunk 2077. Luckily for you, OG was onsite to get the skinny on the highly anticipated release. While no pictures or recordings were allowed inside the meeting room, we can provide you with all the info in our Cyberpunk 2077 Exclusive Gameplay Reveal.
It’s incredible just how much detail they have put into this game. Below is an audio link with myself giving the blow by blow of the demo from right onsite at the LA Convention Center. After listening I think you will be as excited for this as I am. Below that, if you don’t care to listen to my dulcet tones, I will break down the important aspects of the demo below.
- Demo was Pre-Alpha, but looked finished.
- Takes place in an alternate timeline where America is in pieces and corporations rule world, and gangs rule the streets.
- Your character, V, is completely customizable. You can be male or female, have a wealth of cosmetic options available, and can pick your character’s skills and even their backstory, which can affect quest options later in the game.
- V is an urban mercenary who does jobs no one else will.
- There is no rigid class system in Cyberpunk, and you are able to pick and choose all different kinds of abilities without being tied down to a specific archetype.
- Cyberpunk is a first-person action RPG.
- The demo takes place at the beginning of the game where V and her partner Jackie are tasked with rescuing a missing socialite.
- The game is absolutely gorgeous with an insane amount of detail in every corner of the world.
- The game features a combat enhancing drug taken through an inhaler that lets the player temporarily slow down time. Should be familiar to fans of the film “Dredd”.
- Clothes don’t just provide stat bonuses but “street cred” which can unlock, or restrict, missions and other options down the line.
- The city in Cyberpunk is called “Night City” that includes six districts with no loading screens.
- A lot of time was spent filling the world with lore and details, but also making sure that it fits into the world naturally and is connected.
- Improving on the systems in The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk offers the most in-depth open world to date.
- Dialogue trees are in the game, and certain options can be added or restricted based on your choices and interactions with other characters.
- A retina scanner lets you analyze different objects in the environment.
- You can further augment your character with more bio-organic technology, but possibly at the cost of your own humanity, and how others react to you.
- The inspection system allows you to examine items in depth and find out more information about them, and possibly help finish missions.
- Smart weapons are available in the game. Included were a rifle that can ricochet bullets off the walls and hit enemies behind cover, a shotgun that can charge for more damage and go through walls and other enemies, and a machine gun with bullets that hone in on the enemy.
- Weapons can also be deeply customized.
- Dialogue from enemies and allies are displayed on the screen relative to their location.
- Can shoot limbs off of enemies.
- Can jack into the enemy’s network by subduing an enemy and logging into their neural network. From there you can see how many enemies are in a facility and where, and even upload viruses into them, like making their weapons jam.
- Can scan enemies to show weak points.
- Missions can be handled in a variety of different ways. Aggressively, stealthily, and non-violent.
- Every choice has a consequence and can have a ripple effect throughout the rest of the game.
The game does not currently have a release date, but CD Projekt RED hopes to have it ready by next year. Based on everything they have shown, I for one have no problem with them taking their time and honing this already fantastic looking game to perfection. To find out more information about Cyberpunk 2077 click here.