White Wizard Games Has Launched Their New Kickstarter Sorcerer
The makers of Star Realms launch Sorcerer, a new dark fantasy game, on Kickstarter
Sorcerer melds the best elements of a strategy card game and a tactical board game for a whole
new play experience, with lots of dice rolling for combat
November 7, 2017 – Framingham, MA – White Wizard Games LLC, the company created by Magic: The Gathering Hall of Famers Darwin Kastle and Rob Dougherty, today announced that after raising over $1M this summer on the Star Realms Frontiers Kickstarter, they have launched Sorcerer, a new dark fantasy game, on Kickstarter. Sorcerer combines the best elements of a customizable card game with a tactical board game to bring you a whole new play experience. The game has a unique character-building phase, in which each player selects a Character Deck, a Lineage Deck, and a Domain deck to shuffle together to create their sorcerer at the start of the game. White Wizard Games will be demoing the game at White Wizard Games Fair in Framingham, MA and at PAX Unplugged in Philadelphia, PA on November 17-19th.
Peter Scholtz, the Slovakian Game Designer of Sorcerer said, “First, I created the stories about the origins and abilities of the sorcerers, and then I designed the game around these characters, horrors and places that filled my mind. I am thrilled to see my passion come to life as part of White Wizard Games. It is a dream come true.”
Rob Dougherty, CEO of White Wizard Games added, “This game is unlike any other! Players love creating their unique sorcerer deck at the start of each game, and the interactive fun of the back-and-forth dice rolling combat keeps them coming back for more!”
Sorcerer has many unique features:
- Sorcerer is a 2-4 player game with stunning artwork that combines the best elements of a strategy card game with a tactical board game, developing players’ skills in resource management and tactical positioning.
- Each player builds their character by selecting three decks, each filled with depth and details in their flavor and artistic design, and then shuffling the decks to create their sorcerer deck for the game, with 64 sorcerer deck combinations in the base game alone.
- The omen and fate tokens provide a thrilling dice re-roll mechanism that results in the back-and-forth dice rolling combat
- The game comes with 173 cards, including 12 skill cards and 1 Blood Pool card, 3 Battlefields, 4 Player Boards, 4 avatar standees, 8 custom carved dice, 7 wooden tokens, and over 100 counters/tokens.
- Six additional expansion packs are also offered on the Kickstarter, including three Kickstarter exclusive packs.
For more information, visit the Sorcerer Kickstarter, like our Facebook page, and follow White Wizard Games on Twitter @wwizardgames