OG ComiXology Content Contest Starts June 1!
It’s time for an OG ComiXology Content Contest! For the month of June, we want our Outrightgeekery (OG) contributors and our readers to compete against one another for access to a ton of comics!
Our readers, however, will be asked to post their reviews of the books between June 1-30 in the comments section of the review at www.outrightgeekery.com. The reader who posts the best review in the response area will win a 6 months subscription to Comixology courtesy of Outright Geekery. Comments may be copied and pasted if made elsewhere on the review (ie. social media share of the review initially) provided done so by the OP. (original poster)
Contributors will be competing to see who can post the most reviews of comic books from June 1-30 and will be expected to have their content properly proofread before submission, no rushing for the sake of rushing, team.
The rules for our readers are simple:
- The review must be original. If we discover that the reader cut and pasted a review from a professional website or copied from a review they posted on their own, they are disqualified.
- The review is asked to be between 100 and 1000 words and NOT contain any profanity. Asterisks as a form of censorship are acceptable.
- The review must be posted no later than June 30, 2018, at 11:59.59PM EST.
- The comment review must not be a member of the OG staff or podcast partnerships. These partnerships can join in with other site contributors.
The rules for our contributors are a little more complex:
- For a review to count, it must be edited by another member of the group and posted for approval. There is no self-editing in this event. Junior editors can participate, but their reviews must be approved by either Tony, Maria Beth or Gaumer.
- A review can be denied and sent back for re-working. As long as the review is submitted or re-submitted before June 30, 2018, at 11: 59:59 PM EST, it is eligible for the contest. Should the review be approved by July 3rd at 11: 59:59 PM EST, it will count in the favor of the reviewer’s monthly count. If it is denied by that time, it will not count in the reviewer’s monthly count. This will allow for any resolutions to be made, should there be a dispute about eligibility.
- No extensions for embargoed reviews are allowed in the contest. If done too close to the deadline, and unable to publish according to rules regarding embargos we are not responsible. If you an embargoed book, please ensure it is able to be published prior to the deadline of June 30, 2018, at 11: 59:59 PM EST.
- The review must be original. If we discover that the reader cut and pasted a review from a professional website or copied from a review they posted on their own, they are disqualified. This could even be subject to dismissal as per Maria Beth or Ryan.
- The review must be 300 words, not including required fields such as the name of the comic book being reviewed, artist, author, and the name of the publisher.
- The review must have the rating book filled out. Lack of a rating will result in the review being sent back for editing.
- Lastly, the book must be a comic book or graphic novel. Collections of reprinted comic book material like a trade paperback or hardcover are allowed. Books can be old or new. While any and all staff and Jr editors are allowed to participate, this is a comic book reviewing contest. Other genres have their own contests coming up.
- The overall objective of the contest to win: Write the most approved comic book and graphic novel reviews between June 1-30, 2018 gets the reviewer a 6 month ComiXology subscription and bragging rights.
- In case of a tie between the reviewers, a coin will be flipped to determine the winner. Best two out of three flips. The person whose last name is the closest in the alphabet to the letter ‘A” will be chosen as heads. ie. Ryan Dullard would be considered heads while Cindy Young would be considered tails.