Cooking Geeky: Buffalo Chicken Dip for the Big Game!
You don’t have to be a fan of football to enjoy the big game! You can have a party playing cards, board games or D&D! But no game is complete without buffalo wings. But what if getting your hands dirty isn’t an option? This buffalo chicken dip should be a critical hit at your next game night party without getting your fingers or your miniatures dirty!
8oz cream cheese, softened.
1 cup of cooked chicken breast or thighs, chopped
2-4oz of buffalo sauce, depending on desired heat level
8oz buttermilk ranch dressing
3oz blue cheese crumbles
For Dipping: celery and carrot sticks, crackers, toasted baguette slices or pretzel chips (my favorite!)
- In a bowl place cream cheese and spread on the bottom as flat as possible.
- Add chicken to bowl and mix together well with cream cheese.
- Add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing to mixture, stir until creamy.
- Gently toss in blue cheese crumbles a handful at a time. Be sure to not over-mix too much as you are wanting blue cheese chunks in your dip.
- Serve with your favorite veggies or other items for dipping.
Note: you could substitute blue cheese dressing for ranch. But I don’t really like the taste of bottled pre-made blue cheese dressing. I think you get a better homemade or gastro-pub blue cheese dressing flavor if you mix crumbles with ranch dressing.
This recipe makes about 2 cups. That should serve 4-8 people.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place dip in an ungreased small baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar. Bake in oven 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with baguette slices.